element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Insta-worthy Care Packages for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Not everyone can make it home for the holidays, so make sure your friends know you are thankful for them and keep them merry and bright this December with care packages featuring goodies they will truly thank you for.

1. Miss You Snow Much

Missing your bestie? Show her how you feel! First, paint your box lids with blue paint or cover them with blue paper. Add some festive snowflakes or a touch of glitter, and use stickers to spell out how much you miss her. Fill your box with her favorite non-perishabe food items, or stick with the holiday theme and give her some holiday stocking stuffers.

2. The Grinch Stole Christmas and Brought it to You!

Help make any dorm room feel like Christmas by sending Christmas in a box. Cut paper into the shape of Christmas lights, add some string to connect each light, and throw in an epic Grinch face at the base of your box. Fill your box to the brim with stocking stuffers such as nail polish, glitter eye liner for the holiday season, mini Christmas lights to display in a dorm, and some trendy Tassel Christmas Reindeer Socks from Topshop.

3. I Miss You a Latte

We all have that friend who ran to Starbucks on November 1 to order their favorite Holiday drink. Support their coffee craze and give the gift that keeps on giving. Treat your friend to a classic holiday mug or throw in a Kate Spade polka dot travel mug so they can drink coffee in style. Add some of their favorite flavor of iced coffee to your box along with a Starbucks gift card, and simply wait for the thank you’s as she is hyped up on coffee.

4. Something out of the blue

There’s no need to wait until a holiday so send this box of goodies but the holidays are the perfect reason. Color your box’s lids blue, adding some fish or ocean themed special touches, and let your friend know you are thinking of them even during the busy holiday season. Fill your mini ocean with some blue streamers or confetti, and add your favorite items packaged in blue. Doritos, Chips Ahoy, Oreos, Air Heads, and gum are always hits with any college students.

5. Olaf? Is that you?!

Send your friend a care package that will melt their heart and provide some relief from finals this December and include a copy of Frozen with some other classic Christmas movies. No need to paint your box, but just be bold with sharpies or stickers and create the perfect snowman.

6. Sending You a Box of Sunshine

Depending on where your friends go to school, there can be very little sunshine amid the winter months. Bring some sunshine to their lives with this bright and cheery care package featuring your favorite yellow packaged items. We suggest Mr. Goodbars, M&M’s, Lays potato chips, Juicy Fruit gum, Burtz Bees Chapstick, and Vanilla Oreos.

SaveSave

Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
We are the SMU Team.