samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 things that don’t work at SMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Have you ever been annoyed by something on campus? Chances are other people share your struggle. Here are five things that don’t work at SMU.

1. Giddy Up

Giddy up has always been hard to reach, but after the recent changes to their schedule, it’s become even harder. If you call them before 7 p.m., you’ll have to go through the campus police to get a ride, and that’s only if you can prove that you’re injured.

Courtesy of The Daily Campus

2. University Curriculum

Finished your major? How about your minor? I guess you’re ready to graduate! Oh, wait. You still have 40 credits to do before you can do that.

3. “Healthy” Food Options

It’s nonexistent.

4. Grass

With such a beautiful campus, we understand that it needs maintenance – but do we really need to be woken up at 6 a.m. because someone’s mowing the lawn?

5. Construction

Enough said.

My name is Jessika Roude and I am a member of Southern Methodist University’s class of 2017. I am majoring in journalism and minoring in photography.I work in SMU TV’s The Daily Update and Punto TV, where I have learned all aspects of running a news show. This includes producing, anchoring, directing, technical directing, server, teleprompter, CG/still-store, audio engineering, floor directing, writing, and running cameras. I am also experienced in photography and video and photo editing.I was born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela and then relocated to Miami, Florida where I graduated from Miami Country Day School for high school. I am fluent in English, Spanish, and Italian and can also understand Russian and Arabic.
We are the SMU Team.