5 Staple Jackets to Complete Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Jacket possibilities are endless. With stores constantly coming out with new versions of cute jackets every season, we’re here to help you narrow your search. Regardless of the occasion, these six jackets will get you through every event you go to.

1. Open suede or leather jackets are great for wearing over body suits or fitted shirts for night ventures. Try them in gray, camel or classic black.

2. Trendy bomber jackets provide a fun pop of color to neutral outfits and show off your unique style. Try them in a bright pattern that’s hard to miss, and never lose your jacket again!

3. Jean jackets are a classic that never go out of style. Wear them as is, roll up the sleeves, or try variations of this jacket like in a distressed, bleached or embroidered denim.

4. Raincoats and wind breakers are a must for those crazy weather days. Pick a cute color that leaves you looking fashionable, despite the fact that your hair may very likely be wet or crazy from the wind.

5. Long peacoats are a great transition jacket from cold days at work or school to keeping you warm while wearing a dress out at night.

Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
We are the SMU Team.