This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Masks are the new accessory. To lessen the spreading of germs facial coverings are now required in all public places. Students like me, especially ones who live on campus, are wearing their masks like a second skin. To the dining hall, the laundry room, to class; masks are worn. It gets a little annoying at times, but I know I am doing my part to stop the spread of COVID-19. Unfortunetly, I have sensitive skin which gets irritatted easily by the constant wearing of a facial covering. Here are somet products I have been using to reduce my acne and dry skin from masks. 

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

Normally I apply lotion on my face right after I shower, but lately I have been using this twice a day. I apply it in the morning and then in the late afternoon after I go to class. 

TULA Hydrating Day and Night Cream

This is a new product for me, but I have been applying this at night or right after I shower. It is really helping clear up the dry patches of skin around my jaw. 

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

This tiny bottle of drying lotion is the best. Ehenver a zit starts to appear (I have been getting so many more from my masks), I apply this right before I go t bed and leave it on the zit all night. 

Aquaphor Lip Repair

This cream is a dream come true. My lips have been getting so chapped form my masks, so I jsut apply this on my lips when I needed. It keeps them from getting to cracked and dry.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleaner

I just made the switch to this face wash. It is perfect for my sensitive skin and makes my whole face feel refreshed when I wash it.

Hope my remedies can help you out! Irritated skin is no joke, but it’s a small price to pay to help battle this pandemic.

I am a sophomore at Southern Methodist University and I intend to double major in Public Relations and Political Communication with a minor in English. I am our chapter's Her Campus President and am so happy to be in a leadership role in a field I am passionate about! I am from Dallas, Texas and journalism has been a big part of my life all through high school and the years I have spent so far in college.
We are the SMU Team.