5 Pre-Formal Restaurants That Will Be Your New Go-To

As we enter the realm of formal season, date-dashes and away weekends, here are five restaurants to eat at pre-festivities to hold you over until the late-night runs to Whata-burger, In-and-Out and Canes.

1. Nick and Sam’s Grill: 8111 Preston Rd.

This uptown steakhouse truly has it all. From steaks, to sushi, seafood and salad, you really can’t go wrong. Reservations are necessary.

2. Nonna: 4115 Lomo Alto Dr.

For high-end Italian food, Nonna is the go-to. Nonna never misses the mark whether it’s pasta, seafood of pizza you’re craving. Reservations are necessary.

3. Houston’s: 5318 Belt Line Rd.

For a slightly less expensive meal that’s just great, Houston’s is a perfect option. With a huge American menu, there is something for everybody. They don’t take reservations except for large parties.

4. Ocean Prime: 2101 Cedar Springs Rd.

The price tag may be a high, but the food is worth it. Ocean Prime has some of the best seafood in Dallas and fabulous steaks. You must make reservations.

5. Hillstone’s: 8300 Preston Rd.

Owned by the same people of Houston’s, Hillstone’s is another awesome American option, especially if you want something nice without breaking the bank. They don’t take reservations.