This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

We all know how difficult it can be to transition our cold weather outfits, but here are five options to make that process a little easier. Have fun exploring new colors, patterns and trends while updating your wardrobe for spring!

Image via Forever 21

1. Wrap skirts/shorts

Embrace the warm spring weather in a wrap skirt! They are a perfect addition to spring and are a necessity to your wardrobe due to their adjustability – you can tie them to your comfort! Wrap skirts can be dressed up with a pair of heels or dressed down with some cute sneakers. Remember to have fun with the wide range of colors and patterns.

Image via Urban Outfitters 

2. Bright Sunglasses

Spring is the first opportunity of the year to introduce brightly colored sunglasses into your look. Whether you’re on vacation or just running errands, try out some colored glasses in different shapes and sizes, too!

Image via H&M

3. Colored bags

Colored bags are a sure way to make any outfit more suitable for spring. To make your neutral fall and winter clothes transition to spring, add a bright bag to your everyday outfits. Next time you’re browsing online or heading to the mall, look at some bags in pastel or bright pinks, yellows or blues in a range of different shapes.

Image via Urban Outfitters 

4. Wear ’70s inspired looks

We all know that fashion fads are cyclical, and what’s trending today is inspired by classic ’70s looks. Some of these include wide legged pants, bright and blocked colors, ruffled blouses and ringer tees. So, if you’re looking to update your closet for spring, make sure to pick up some fun ’70s inspired pieces.

Image via Zara

5. Basket Bags

We’ve all seen wicker beach bags, but the latest trend is the wicker purse! Pair the basket bag with your favorite denim jeans and a T-shirt for the perfect spring look. Have fun playing around with all shapes and sizes too! 

Kaitlyn is currently a freshman at Southern Methodist University studying Advertising and Fashion Media. She is from San Diego, California where she spends the majority of her free time driving down the coast. Her hobbies include trying new beauty products, finding the best Mac & Cheese, and petting every dog she crosses paths with. 
We are the SMU Team.