5 Getting Ready Hacks for When You’re Really Sick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

The flu is in full swing here at SMU, and if you’re like us, you didn’t listen to your mom’s advice and refused to get the flu shot. Unfortunately, there are things like tests, papers and attendance policies that get in the way of our R&R even when we’re deathly ill, so you might have to get yourself ready in the morning even when you look super dead. So here are five steps to make you look a little bit brighter. 

Step 1: Drink an extremley large glass of water. You’re probably really dehydrated because you once again did not listen to your mom’s advice, and this will help your energy levesl and your skin. Toss a little Emergen-C in there for good measure. 

Step 2: Apply a sh!t ton of mouistrizer. Like a looottttttt of moisturizer. Let it soak in while you drink your large glass of water. This helps your makeup go on more smoothly and it will help with that whole dehydration thing. 

Step 3: Use all sorts of brightening products. Beauty comapnies make these blessed products specifically for people who look super dead, so put on a brightening primer, foundation and under-eye concelar. Try the Nars Sheer Glow foundation. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, $47 at Sephora:

Step 4: Nothing is better at concealing the fact that you spent negative two seconds working on your face than a bold lip and a little bit of mascara. Try the Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lipgloss and the Benefit Roller-Lash Mascara. Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lip Gloss, $22 at Sephora:Step 5: Pack your bag with the First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy. This eye cream is super cool because it has a little bit of concelaer in it, but it’s also great for when your makeup rubs off after you’ve been blowing your nose. First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy, $36 at Sephora​:

Hi! I'm the beauty crazed one here at Her Campus SMU. But I also love food, coffee, shopping, traveling, laughing, and of course, writing. You can also find me rambling on about cosmetics and my dogs on my Youtube channel!
We are the SMU Team.