5 Fun Holidays to Look Forward to in April

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

April Fool’s Day has come and gone, but there are plenty of silly holidays ahead! Here’s a look at five fun days ahead!

The Irony of April 7:

April 7 is a day of more than one holiday! Caramel Popcorn Day and National Beer Day both land on this Thursday, and ironically, so does World Health Day. It’s really no contest here, bring on the junk!

If you’re looking for an especially cool way to celebrate National Beer Day, check out The Flying Saucer! This chain of restaurants is home to the U.F.O. club, which gives you a shot at putting a saucer of your own, with your choice of name, on their ceiling!

How do you get one? Easy! Just try 200 different kinds of beer at their establishments! For every 200, you’ll reach a new level of ring color! Are you up to the challenge?

April 10: National Siblings Day

For as much as you love driving them crazy, you know you love them! Spend some time with your siblings today, and maybe call your mom to complain that “They’re touching meeee!” You know, just for old time’s sake.

April 15: Titanic Remembrance Day

This April 15 will mark 104 years since the sinking of The RMS Titanic. What better time to turn on the classic Leonardo Dicaprio flick?

April 18: Patriots’ Day

It’s time to get your red, white, and blue on! While this holiday is a much bigger deal in New England, it does commemorate Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride, a story we all heard half a dozen times in elementary and middle school, as well as the Battle of Lexington and Concord which began the Revolutionary War. May as well use it as a reason to celebrate all our American pride!

April 27: Babe Ruth Day

Of course The Great Bambino gets his own day! This holiday dates all the way back to 1947; Babe Ruth returned to Yankees stadium for the second to last time, having been diagnosed with throat cancer the previous year. He was honored in “The House that Ruth Built,” and we continue to honor the baseball legend today. Celebrate by watching a game, or maybe throwing it back to “The Sandlot!”

Callie is a sophomore at Southern Methodist University, double-majoring in French and Fashion Media and minoring in Journalism.
We are the SMU Team.