5 Dallas Ice Cream Shops That Will Help You Beat the Heat This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the temperature is dropping, leaves are falling, and fall fashion trends are making their long-awaited appearances. However, some areas of the country have not been so lucky as to experience the exhilarating feel of fall weather. This is a situation that calls for some creative solutions. How can one celebrate and enjoy this wonderful season without suffering a heatstroke? Skip your next PSL run and check out these hot Dallas ice cream spots in order to satisfy all of your fall-flavored cravings:

1. Milk n Cream

If you are a lover of timeless traditions when the holidays roll around, try out Milk n Cream’s pumpkin pie ice cream – available in a cup, cone, or inside a donut. It’s their signature dish!

2. Cow Tipping Creamery

For those open to new twists on classic favorites, check out Cow Tipping Creamery for a Pumpkin Tiramisu soft serve sundae.

3. Sprinkles Ice Cream

If you’re more of an apple pie kind of gal, stop by Sprinkles for a scoop of their Apple Pie ice cream. Vanilla ice cream swirled with apple pie filling and topped wth crushed graham crackers sounds good enough to convert any die-hard pumpkin spice fan.

4. Steel City Pops

Steel City Pops knows how to make you question everything you thought you knew about ice cream flavors. For those looking for a little more adventure in their life, check out their store on Lower Greenville or pop-up bar in Hughes-Trigg for unique fall flavors such as plum with rhubarb, pumpkin pie, cranberry orange, carrot cake, or butter pecan.

5. What’s Da Scoop?

If you’re the type who wishes we could fast foward to December, look no farther than What’s Da Scoop ice cream truck. Their peppermint stick and rum raisin ice cream flavors will have anyone belting out Mariah Carey’s holiday album in no time.

We are the SMU Team.