4 Simple and Chic Hairstyles for Short Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

If you have short hair, you know the struggle of trying to change it up. It’s as if Rapunzel is taunting you and so are all the other girls blessed with long luscious locks that make a variety of hairstyles a piece of cake. On the other hand, we’re blessed with hair that makes it simpler to style and hair that doesn’t get in our way, especially when we’re diving into macaroni and cheese. When you want to mix it up but don’t want to spend years doing so, here are a few styles you should definitely try out.

1. Beachy Waves: I adore this hairstyle because all you have to do is divide your hair into 5 sections and have a 2-inch curling wand. Curl each piece for 10-15 seconds then use a bristle brush to brush it out to create those pantene like curls. This hairstyle is perfect for the beach paired with a fedora, or maybe to the city with a scarf! Either or, it’s super cute!

2. Messy Bun: We all know and love the messy bun. Exactly, how do we achieve it to where it looks like we really didn’t care. That’s the hard part. Start with piling all your hair in an upward motion and tied it up twice. Then pull on the bun itself and just pull on it to how messy you want it. Then use the bottom of a teasing brush to pull out some strands and make it even messier. There you have it, your “I just woke up” look.

3. Natural Hair: This might be the easiest do yet, hop out the shower and maybe spray some seawater spray to really bring out your natural roots girl! Curly, straight or wavy, you can rep it!

4. Slick back pony: With short hair, high ponytails probably makes our hair look like a baby bun. So instead, we should opt for a low slick back pony. It creates this sultry but sexy look and is very simple. Blow dry your hair to the back then straighten the flyaways. Put it in a tight low pony and either use wax or hair spray to slick back your baby hair and fly aways.

We are the SMU Team.