4 Fun ways to get around on campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Having to leave your dorm fifteen minutes early just to get to your class across campus on time is a pain. Think of all of the extra time you could have to get ready in the morning (or sleep!) if it didn’t take so long to walk every where. Good news! There are actually a ton of ways to cut down that long walk, and gain a few extra minutes.

1. A Bike

Academy Huffy Women’s Deluxe 26″ Cruiser Bike $149.99

Not only is cycling a great way to exercise, riding a bike turns that dreaded 20 minute walk from Fondren Science to Dedman Rec into a 5 to 7 minute ride. Add a cute basket to put all your stuff in and you’re ready to go! (Just don’t forget to lock it up!)

2. Longboard/Skateboard

Walmart Quest 41″ Tribes Pin-Kick Tail Longboard Skateboard $58.99

Another totally cute way to get around on campus! Skateboards are a little easier to maneuver around huge crowds of people also trying to get to class, although you might need to practice a little before using it as your main mode of transportation.

3. Electric Scooter

Walmart Razor E300 Electric Scooter, Multiple Colors 232.99

You too can be like scooter kid.  This is a great way to fly through campus, and there’s no doubt that it would only take you five minutes to get anywhere!

4. Hoverboard/ Self balancing Segway 

2 Wheel Smart Balance Electric Scooter Hoverboard Motorized Skateboard Standing Skate Hover Board Adult Scooter $209.99

While there has been some controversy over what exactly to call these, there is no question that they are one of the coolest ways to get around on campus right now! Speed down the side walk on one of these and be the envy of the whole school while getting to class on time.

Cydney Snyder is a freshman at Southern Methodist University in Texas, studying Business and Human Rights. She can almost always be found watching Netflix (Criminal Minds forever) or biking and kayaking near White Rock Lake. Cydney hopes to one day practice adoption law.
We are the SMU Team.