3 Dallas Cocktails to Warm You Up This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

As the leaves change color from lush greens to copper, red and brown, wine bars across Dallas switch to their seasonal menus. The farewell to the summer season welcomes the coming of fall. Even if the weather isn’t according to the season, it’s never too late to start drinking that way (if you’re 21, of course). So say goodbye to frozen margaritas and adult lemonades, and hello to warm ciders and pumpkin-spiced cocktails to order at your next happy hour.

The following is a list of must-try cocktails in town:

Photo by The People’s Last Stand Facebook

1. “Cousin Eddie” by The People’s Last Stand

The People’s Last Stand is a nearby bar that features the one of the best seasonal drinks around. Located at Mockingbird Station, The People’s Last Stand offers fair priced novelty cocktails on a rooftop patio. The bar’s famous “Cousin Eddie” tastes just like fall and the holiday season. An eclectic mixture of Bulleit Rye, pineapple, cranberry, lemon, cinnamon and egg white, this adult treat will make you feel warm and cozy.

Photo by SĒR Steak + Spirits

2. “Pumpkin Spiced Martini” by SĒR Steak + Spirits

Nothing screams “fall!” more than pumpkin spice. SĒR’s upscale “PSL”-inspired martini combines a basic girl’s two favorite things during this breezy season: pumpkin spice and alcohol. A delectable combination of RumChata, vodka, pumpkin-spice syrup, local honey and ginger syrup is blended together and poured into a frothy glass. Take your love of pumpkin spice to the next level with this zesty cocktail.

Photo by Victor Tangos Facebook

3. “Give ’em the Boot” by Victor Tangos

Located in Knox-Henderson, Dallas’ beloved Victor Tangos treats adults to this rich cocktail that’ll brighten up your day this season. A mix of mezcal, coffee, Fernet Branca, creme de cacao, honey, and egg white, Victor Tangos tops off this full-flavored drink with cream, cinnnamon and sea salt to excite your taste buds. 

SaveSave

SaveSave

Olivia is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus and a junior at Southern Methodist University. Her intended major is Journalism with a minor in Business Management. At SMU, she is the Managing Editor for SMU Campus Weekly and an associate for the Best Buddies program. In her free time, Olivia can be found eating sushi, cuddling her dog Arlow or working out. Be sure to follow her on Snapchat @livnguyen.
We are the SMU Team.