burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Fashionista: Melissa Fares

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Smith chapter.

Senior fashionista Melissa Fares gives us a look at her outfit. Her leather jacket is her grandma’s, her dress is from Madewell, her fuschia boots are from Boden, her jewelry is from her mother, and her watch is from her grandfather. Her grandfather’s watch is “Beautiful, different, and a piece of him; I look at it all the time and think of him. I haven’t seen anything like it.”

She says, “Jewelry selection is spontaneous. While I will definitely give my jewelry selection a lot of thought, sometimes I like doing things at the spur of the moment.” Melissa also loves when people ask her what her favorite color is— it’s black. “You’ll see me wearing black but I like a ping of color too because I love the contrast.” When asked where she draws her inspiration from, she says, “My mom is such a fashionista. She’s taught me to not be afraid of wearing old things. Vintage is your friend!”

She encourages other budding fashionistas to “Have fun with your wardrobe and wear everything with confidence. There are so many different things that you can do, and whatever you’re going to wear, be confident, and rock it.”