Meet the 2014-15 Candidates for SGA President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Smith chapter.

Her Campus Smith is excited to present the candidates for 2014-15 SGA President! We asked each candidate to tell us why they love Smith and we couldn’t agree with them more…

Catherine Aguilar

Major: Environmental Science & Policy

Minor: Public Policy

House: Sessions

Hometown: Cerritos, California

“The four distinct seasons, cozy Smith houses, lively Smith traditions (Mountain Day and Friday tea being my top two favorite), and ambience of being surrounded by empowering Smithies makes me fall in love with Smith College more and more each day. Once elected as SGA President, I plan to eradicate the current top down structure of our student government.”

Prina Patel

Major: Neuroscience

House: Scales

Hometown: Redmond, Oregon

“My favorite part of Smith is all of the wonderful discussions we have. I love having conversations with Smithies. I hope to bring my passion for listening to the SGA presidency. I want to make the campus a better place for all students, including Adas and students of color. I also want to make programs like concentration internships, global engagement seminars, and J-term trips more financially accessible to all students.”

Greta Stacy

Major: American Studies and Chemistry

House: Wilson

Hometown: St. Paul, Minnesota

“I was drawn to Smith by the energy on campus. I wanted to be at a place were people are passionate about their work and wanted to share that excitement with others.  As SGA President, I hope I can help Smithies turn this energy into tangible change on campus.”