Campus Cutie: Gina Martucci

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Smith chapter.

Name: Gina Martucci

Year: 2016

Hometown: Pompton Plains, NJ

Major: East Asian Languages and Cultures

House: Ziskind

Relationship Status: Single

What is your favorite thing about Smith?

All the opportunities! I can do so many things here that I probably couldn’t manage anywhere else.

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m a member of the Noteables A capella group and the varsity softball team. I’m also the athletic representative for my house and one of softball’s SAAC representatives.

What’s the first thing you notice about someone?

Definitely smile or personality. People are so great and they definitely shouldn’t be measured solely on their looks. Give me a personality that can brighten up a room and we will get along just fine!

What is your best Smith memory?

My best Smith memory has to be when I was inducted into The Noteables! They took the Notea-babies to various campus hot spots and sang us songs. It was an incredibly moving experience and is something I will never forget. 

Ruth is a Jersey Girl born and raised and a proud sophomore at Smith. She plays softball for the Smith varsity softball team, is a SGA Senator, is a blogger for Smith Admissions' blog, is the Treasurer for the Smith Democrats, and is a Government and Economics major.