This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Year of Graduation: 2018

Major: Psychology 

Hometown: Darien, CT

HC: Why did you choose Saint Mike’s?

VR: I heard about SMC from my brother who went here. He graduated last year and he’s definitely one of the reasons I ended up here. 

HC: Why did you decide to join cross country during your final year here? 

VR: I wanted to do something different and change the pace up. You know, switch up my life a little. I am glad I did it too, I really like it and the team. 

HC: What is your favorite SMC memory? 

VR: Honestly, living with my best friends in such a beautiful area. Just being with friends is always an adventure. Also, living up on North Campus was easily one of my favorite places to live these last four years. I liked meeting people on the bus and it felt like I was going home everyday, getting to leave main campus- it was relaxing and change of pace.

HC: What is your favorite place on campus?

VR: Cheray Cafe- good vibes from the people who work there and they joke around with me and we exchange good laughs. And I love Speeder and Earle’s coffee, it helps me start my day.

HC: What are you going to miss most about SMC when you graduate?

VR: Living with my friends and just always being with friends all the time.  And I am going to miss walking to class- saying hi to people, seeing people and their friendly faces. People that you wouldn’t normally know that well that you can always see on your walk.

HC: What advice do you have for underclassmen?

VR: Get out there and make the best of it. Make the best of every situation and utilize office hours- if we’re going to go academic on this. Take advantage of your resources.

HC: What has been the greatest lesson learned at SMC?

VR: Coming here has made me so open minded.  I wasn’t exposed to so many opportunities and people in high school and this has opened my eyes. Saint Mike’s has made me a better person, as cheesy as it sounds. 

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.