Trader Joe'S
Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Trader Joe’s Essentials You NEED to Add to Your Shopping List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I love Trader Joe’s… like LOVE. The prices are a dream, and the variety of food is even better. Especially in college, their frozen meals are so easy and convenient to whip up. TJ’s makes it so easy to find healthy food that is also affordable. My roommates and I make it a priority to make a trip at least once a week.  

I’m officially sharing my shopping secrets. Let me put you onto my all-time favorite products from Trader Joe’s. 

1. Instant Cold Brew Coffee An easy and delicious way to make your morning cold brew in less than 2 minutes. I like to pair it with the Trader Joe’s Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer.  

1. Mandarin Orange Chicken One of my signature frozen dinners, filled with flavor and goes great with a side of rice.  

1. Frozen Mac & Cheese (available vegan or gluten-free) Can’t complain about an instant mac & cheese dish. 

1. Spicy Cheese Crunchies TJ’s own take on flaming hot Cheetos… amazing. 

1. Wine Country Chicken Salad Classic chicken salad made with white chicken, cranberries, and pecans.

1. Salad Kits Trader Joe’s has a great variety of salad kits that includes all the dressings and topping you need to make a bomb salad. My favorites are the sesame crunch and Mediterranean-style salad kit.

1. Everything but the Bagel Seasoning Obviously I couldn’t leave this item out. 

1. Buffalo Style Chicken Dip A great snack to dip chips or celery stick in. 

1. Chocolate Covered Plantain Chips I was just introduced to this product recently but a great treat that is both salty and sweet. 

1. Magnifisauce This is a new product at TJ’s and is the perfect sauce to dip fries in or put on a burger. This is one of my new favorites and reminds me of Chick-Fil-A sauce.  

Business Major & MJD Minor Member of Women's Volleyball and Hope Happens Here
MA || VT || SMC Women's Soccer Player '21