The Sleep Revolution

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Her Campus and Arianna Huffington have teamed up to promote one of the most universally ignored parts of our life: sleep! Arianna Huffington’s new book The Sleep Revolution details the consequences of sleep depriviation as well as how to alleviate this problem. She discusses how a lack of sleep compromises our personal and academic lives and can lead to many other issues (especially health!). 

How many times have you been assigned one too many tests to study for or essays to write and pulled an “all-nighter?’ While this may seem like a great idea at the time, Huffington emphasizes the danger of this mentality and why we should not have to sacrifice sleep for work. Because we are social creatures, we are constantly looking for interaction and how to stay connected and with the development of technology, we are never truly disconnected. The Sleep Revolution shows us just how dangerous it is to be connected all the time and lose sleep because of it. 

Her Campus supports Arianna Huffington’s revolution in order to promote sleep amongst collegiette, business-oriented women. Oftentimes we convince ourselves that in order to be successful and get ahead, we have to work as hard and as long as we can, with or without sleep. Huffington proves that success should never compromise sleep. After all, we should never have to lose out on sleep for the sake of a chemistry test! 

A CT girl at heart but currently residing in the Green Mountain State. Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of HC SMCVT. I am currently a major in Media Studies, Journalism, and Digital Arts to be a journalist or PR representative but for now, a starving undergrad. Hobbies include working out, drinking green tea, and watching Netflix.