courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Friends play such a key role in our lives. The people we decided to surround ourselves with shape us into who we are, yet it can be very easy to forget to let them know how much you are really thankful to have them in your life — at least that’s how I feel. With all of the events, classes, extracurricular activities, and stress on top of so many other things, it can be easy to forget to thank the people around you for everything that they do. So here is a shout-out to the people that I am lucky enough to call my friends.

To the friend who never ceases to make me laugh. Thank you for recognizing when I’m upset, feeling down, or even just need a pick-me-up. You always know how to put a smile on my face or just the right time to crack a joke.

To the friend who is always there to talk when I need to vent about whatever I’m stressing over. Thank you for knowing exactly what to say and when to say it. Being able to trust you with whatever I have to say makes it so much easier to talk to you.

To the friend who is always down for an adventure. Whether it is just driving to the nearest ice cream place with the windows rolled down and music blasting, driving hours to find the nearest Target, or jumping into a river, thank you for making my life just a little more interesting. I never know what to expect from you.

To the friend who is a social butterfly. Thank you for taking me outside of my comfort zone and allowing me to meet so many new people. Without you, I might’ve just been stuck sitting in my room watching Netflix.

To the friend who is an actual genius. Thank you for always helping me with my homework and answering my questions whenever I need it…and for proofreading my papers when I’m in a bind (because we all need that second pair of eyes).

To the friend who is (sometimes brutally) honest. Thank you for telling me how things are and for never giving me the opportunity to lose faith in you. I know that I can always trust you and count on you when I need advice.

And lastly, to the friend I’ve known since childhood. Thank you for always being there for me through the ups and downs in my life and our friendship. No matter what happens, I know that I can count on you to be there for me. Even if we haven’t talked for a while, I love how we can just pick up from where we started.

To all of my friends, I thank each one of you for being uniquely you. Without you, I don’t know what I would do. Thank you for making me who I am and supporting me in all of my endeavors. Whether I’ve known you for my entire life, a few years, or even a few months, you have played an important role in my life. Keep doing what you’re doing and don’t forget how important you are. Thank you!

Photo Sources:

Cover Photo: http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/06/30/6360291658542740261162409767_friends-images-23.jpg

Photo #1: http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/06/03/636005766678435965-1135628791_friends.jpg

Photo #2: http://www.feex.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/group-of-friends-1.jpg

Sophomore at Saint Michael's College. Lover of Starbucks, social media, and all things sweet.
CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.