How To Finish Your Semester With Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

1.     Dress your best for the test!

There’s something to be said about the confidence of a good outfit. When you’re trying to ace that test, try to dress cute and comfortable instead of just comfortable. Confidence will carry over into picking your answers, and you definitely will feel good when you finally walk up to turn your test in.

2.     Pack your bags early.

After finals, you will be heading home for a whole month! But unfortunately we can’t take our entire closet all the way back home again. Whether you’re flying, taking a bus, a train, or even driving home, you will likely be limited to only two to three bags. Taking the time to thoughtfully pack your bags will save you a month of bad outfits. Stick to a color scheme, and you can’t afford to over pack unnecessary things. If you have too many clothes and not enough luggage, consider shipping things home.  

3.     Indulge yourself.

You deserve all the ice cream that your freezer can fit. If you ever need a sign to eat that extra cookie, this is it. It’s finals week. You have had the longest semester and it’s time to relax. Go to your local supermarket and get a cheap face mask or some delicious bubble baths. Then get back to studying and ace those tests!

4.     Saying goodbye.

After your first semester of college you have already begun to make some of your long lasting friends. It’s hard to say goodbye to the people you’ve been living with for the past three months. They’re our family away from home. So invest some energy into ending the semester with them. Go out to dinner. Write them something sweet on a sticky note. Everyone loves something meaningful.

Just a girl from Harrisburg.
CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.