This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Walking through campus this morning, I’ve finally started to see traces of spring!! Somehow, we’ve gone from slipping on ice along the pathways, surrounded by well-over a foot of snow, to splashing through deep puddles. The grey and cloudy skies have opened to allow little rays to shine through. That light is staying present longer, with the sunsets occurring later and later by small increments daily. Sweaters and scarves are being replaced with lighter long sleeves and capris. The weather forecast says the days will start to continually stay in the upper forties and dip into the fifties.

After what has seemed like such a dreary, drawn out winter, I am so excited to see the season begin to change. As we embark upon the weeks of midterm exams, countless papers, and projects, it’s so nice to be rewarded by this lovely scenes of early spring! Although there may be a few more days of snow and chilly temperatures, I am hopeful that we are close to nicer weather!

There’s so much I’m looking forward too with warmer days. I cannot wait to not have to wear a heavy coat whenever I step outside. I am excited to run outdoors and not just in the stuffy gym. I want to sit out at the picnic tables and do homework, basking in the bright light given off by the sun. I want to drive around Vermont with the windows down and music playing. Hanging up the hammocks in the quad will be joyous. The campus again will radiate with bright green grass and beautifully colored flowers.

For everyone, like me, who has felt like this horrible weather would never end, I’m excited to say, the end of winter is in sight!

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.