Her Campus Back to School Survival Kits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Hey collegiettes! Hope everyone is having a great start to the semester!

Since transitoning into a new semester can be a little difficult, Her Campus is helping out! They sent our Her Campus SMCVT branch a “Back to School Survival Kit” filled with goodies to help us study!

We got so many delicious treats, as well as some helpful study stuff from Poppin and Her Campus. Poppin sent us some adorable (and colorful!) mini notebooks and pink gel pens! They’re perfect for note taking in class or to fill with thoughts and to-do lists. Her Campus also sent us some study materials, including Her Campus sticky notes and a “Procrastinating Aubrey” sticker, a classic Her Campus item. They also sent us a cool Her Campus bumper sticker and an awesome “Stay Young Have Fun” gym bag.

We got lots of yummy things too! Chipotle included a card to “Buy One, Get One” for the Campus Coordinators to share! Neuro sent us so many Neuro Sonic energy drinks to help us focus on studying. They’re fizzy and delicious! We also got some energy shots from SK Energy. And, of course, we got some mini Luna bars in white chocolate macadamia nut. So good!

Our staff works really hard each week with brainstorming ideas and writing articles, so we wanted them to have these back to school essentials in the survival kit. We distributed the note books to our section editors who not only edit pieces, but also write articles every week. For the post-it notes with the Her Campus logo, we gave them out to the writers who have written the most articles for our chapter so far. Special shout out to those who received these items!

We had enough Luna bars, SK energy shots, and Poppin pink gel pens to give to our whole entire staff at our weekly meeting. We spent our meeting discussing what articles we were writing for the upcoming week, but we also made sure to drink our Neuro Sonic drinks so we could brainstorm more ideas and stay more alert throughout the meeting. Of course, we had our usual fun during the meetings, but the Neuro Sonic drink made it even more fun as we were all bouncing ideas off of one another. With many of the Neuro Sonic drinks still left over, two of our members brought them over to Bergeron, our Journalism department building, to help the Journalism majors stay on task as they work on newspaper articles, websites, and documentaries. They filled the fridge in Bergeron with the Neuro Sonic drinks!

With our Chipotle “Buy One, Get One Free” card, the Campus Coordinators are excited to make a trip to Chipotle and get the full Chipotle experience with all of the fixings. At our next meeting, Her Campus SMCVT is sharing the love for Chipotle with the staff by using the catering card that was received by one of the HC SMCVT members at the Her Campus Conference last summer. It allows us to get 20 burritos for free!  

Thank you Chipotle, Poppin, SK energy, Luna, Her Campus, and Neuro Sonic for providing these awesome products to the Her Campus SMCVT chapter!

Lauren Mazzoleni is a junior at Saint Michael's College where she majors in Digital Arts, Media Studies, and Journalism and minors in Psychology. Lauren and Alexandra Brenock are the two campus correspondents for Saint Michael's HC Branch. At Saint Michael's, she is a student blogger, a tour guide, and a disc jockey at WWPV 88.7 FM. Many of her friends would say that when she is not busy attending her classes or working on HC articles, you could find her watching many of the shows she always DVRs (Glee, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc), shopping on Church Street in downtown Burlington, and hanging out with her friends from Saint Michael's and from her hometown in NH.
Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.