Have your Summer Essentials Fall Into Your Autumn Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

With school in session and the seasons changing, one thing on your mind must be your fall wardrobe, right? Nothing is better than sipping cider by a fire and crunching freshly fallen leaves under your boots in October, but it’s also extremely difficult to put away those strappy sundresses that you were rockin’ all summer long.  Here are some tips on how to transition your summer clothes into your fall wardrobe, without all that much effort!

1. Overalls

(Sweatshirt: The Reformation, Overalls: Topshop, Shoes: Nordstroms,  Tights: Newlook Beanie: Asos Bag: Zara)

Now it may seem super silly that these 90s classics are making a comeback, but the overall is back and better than ever! Overalls can make an effortless look in the summer, and an extremely edgy outfit when paired with tights, boots, and a beanie.  Statement sweatshirts are extremely on point this season (this Kate moss one is from The Reformation) and can be an easy way to spice up an outfit.  Together, this outfit is an easy way to stroll into class without a second thought.

1. Rompers

(Romper & Sweater: Topshop, Tights: Asos, Boots: Charlotte Ruse, Bag: Zara, Scarf: Nelly, Beanie: Farfetch

Rompers are a fun alternative to a dress with the added bonus of pockets! Usually in the summer, rompers are found with cute floral or tribal patterns and while you may think those patterns are too bold, when paired with a cropped or boyfriend knit, the result can be effortlessly cute way to stroll around campus.  Pairing delicate pieces with combat boots also can make an outfit go from summer to fall all in one step.

1. Shorts

(Sweater: Liberty, Shirt: H& M, Shorts: Topshop, Tights: Newlook  Bag: Target Brogues: Mulberry (check ASOS for more affordable oxfords)

Every girl’s go to is a cute pair of high-waisted shorts, am I right?  They make everyone look longer and leaner with a sophisticated edge, which is exactly why you shouldn’t put them away once the temperature drops.  Here I pieced together a chambray shirt, which was also extremely popular this summer, with a pair of high-waisted scalloped shorts and made it transition to autumn with a boyfriend knit cardigan, tights, and maple brown brogues.  You’ll be sure to stand out with a statement scarf as well.  Sometimes the trendiest outfits can use all different types of seasonal wear.  It makes it more diverse and spices up your usual get-up.

1. Dresses

(Dress: Farfetch Sweater: Lagarconne Scarf: H&M Boots: Topshop Bag: Coggles.com Sunnies: Witchery.com)

Floral dresses are always an essential in the summer because of their light and breezy look, but an easy way to keep wearing your favorite dresses is to pair it with an oversized jumper, scarf, and a pair of cute boots.  Presto! You are ready for autumn.  The thing I love about this dress is its collared neckline.  If you pop your collar over the knit that you choose, it makes the outfit as a whole look that much more classy and cute without looking sloppy.

Those are some easy ways to transition your summer favorites into your fall wardrobe without being drastic.  So go put on that strappy dress and cozy sweater because it’s about to get brisk!   Cover Photo: Courtesy of WeWoreWhat.com