This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Hello ladies! This article is written for girls by a girl, so if you’re a boy get ready to feel like shit for the way you have treated us girls. Have you ever just wanted to punch a boy in the face? I bet all of you reading just said yes, so here is this week’s Spotify playlist: The Bad B*tch Playlist. For those girls who are literally over the male species entirely, as I am. Or maybe you’re trying to get over that boy that you really liked, after finding out he was just like the rest of them. You need to remind yourself how dope you really are. This playlist has a variety of genres to please all listeners. So gather all your lady friends, put this playlist on, pop a bottle of wine and scream sing your feelings out because you’re way too good for him and he doesn’t deserve you!

This playlist is dedicated to Rihanna, the baddest b*tch on the planet.

1. Say My Name- Destiny’s Child

Just a timeless classic song by Destiny’s Child (such an under appreciated group by the way), for when you suspect your man to be doing some shady sh*t behind your back. “You acting kinda shady ain’t callin’ me baby, why the sudden change?” The most powerful line for me is: “I am not one to sit around and get played.” Beyonce just roasts this guy throughout this entire song, calling him out on every fault that he commits.

2. Water Under the Bridge- Adele

If you haven’t had a chance to listen to Adele’s most recent album, 25, you need to drop what you are doing (after finishing this article) and listen. My mom bought the actual CD and didn’t take it out of the car stereo for months. I recently found this song and blasted it while driving and screamed the lyrics until I couldn’t breathe, because who doesn’t do that? “If you’re gonna let me down, let me down gently, don’t pretend that you don’t want me, our love ain’t water under the bridge.” Adele perfectly describes how girls feel when a guy just ruthlessly drops them for no reason and pretends we never existed (f*** boys who do that by the way).

3. Needed Me- Rihanna

Rihanna is such a bad bitch, we should all aspire to have half of the badassness that she has. “But, baby, don’t get it twisted. You was just another n**** on the hit list. Tryna fix your inner issues with a bad bitch. Didn’t they tell you that I was a savage?” Rihanna basically tells this guy, you meant nothing to me, you were just another dude on the hit list for me, giving boys a taste of their own medicine. HOW DOES IT FEEL? The chorus always gets me because it reminds girls that these boys needed YOU, but you definitely do NOT need him.

You needed me

Ooh, you needed me

Feel a little more and give a little less

Know you hate to confess

But, baby, who, you needed me

4. Too Little, Too Late- JoJo

JoJo, what a timeless one hit wonder artist. She came to Saint Michael’s last year for our spring concert and I regrettably did not attend (only because I didn’t want to stand in line for a ticket). This song tells a story of JoJo giving all her love to a boy and it turns out it wasn’t enough for him then, but he comes running back. Classic f***boy realizing what he’s lost when it’s too late. “You take my hand and you say you’ve changed, but boy you know your begging don’t fool me because to you, it’s just a game,” or, “Your chance has come and gone.” Yeahhhh JoJo preach!! “By letting you go I’m loving myself.” This song builds so hard up to when JoJo literally screams “GET OUT.” This is the ultimate scream-sing-in-the-car song.

5. Best Thing I Never Had- Beyonce

“Honestly you turned out to be one of the best things I never had.” Beyonce’s career is basically centered around making powerful lady jams. This one is a personal favorite that I really relate to. I have a lot of these boys in my life where I think, thank God I didn’t get into that. “Thank God you blew it, Thank God I dodged a bullet, I’m so over you so baby good lookin’ out.” Then she hits him with the “sucks to be you right now.” YAS B SLAY HIM. “You don’t deserve my tears, I guess that’s why they ain’t there.”

Thank God I found the good in goodbye

6. Miss Independent- Ne-Yo

I rediscovered this song and Ne-Yo proves that independent women are the best kind of women to have in your life with this song. “Somethin oh so sexy about kinda woman that don’t even need my help.” Also, this beat makes you want to dance with a boy and then walk away just to remind him how independent you really are.  “She got her own thing that’s why I love her.” Ladies, find yourself a Ne-Yo.

7. Too Good- Drake and Rihanna

Yes, this song is on every playlist I have ever made, but are you really mad about it? Drake and Rihanna broke up recently and so now the world is just waiting on the two greatest albums to ever be produced. “I’m way too good to you. You take my love for granted, I just don’t understand it.” Riri says “Lately you just make me work too hard for you.” Always remember you’re too good for the boy trying to play games with you. “You got someone other than me, don’t play the victim when you’re with me.”

8. Diva- Beyonce

“Diva is a female version of a hustler.” Beyonce really goes after it in this song, she doesn’t need a man and makes it very clear, “I’m a diva, best believe her, you see her, she getting paid. She ain’t callin’ him to greet her, don’t need him, her bed’s made.” Enough said.

9. I Hope You Find It- Miley Cyrus

This song is for when you are just slightly in your feelings after getting over a boy. Maybe this is the boy from home that you had to let go because of distance, but you really do want the best for them. Come on, us girls can’t be heartless 24/7. Miley Cyrus perfectly captures this with the line “I hope you’re happy, wherever you are. I wanted you to know that and nothing’s gonna change that. I hope you find it.” Then she says what we all dont have the balls to say, “I hate that you left without hearing the words that I needed you to.” This song is actually off of the soundtrack for The Last Song, which she starred in with Liam Hemsworth. If you’re looking for a good cry throw this movie on and grab yourself a bottle of wine.

10. Prayer For the Road- Eli Young Band

This song really is super sad to be honest (not sorry). It tells a story of a guy finding a note from an assumed old girlfriend/love interest. He says “It took my breath away when I read what she wrote.”

May the wheels keep turning, get you where you need to go

I’ll keep the porch light burning ’til you get back home

May the angels fly beside you, down every mile you roll

May heaven hear this prayer, prayer for the road

And if that doesn’t hit you right in the heart then I don’t know what will. Sometimes you wish an ex well and this is the perfect song to do so.

11. Hate That I Love You- Rihanna and Ne-Yo

Another throwback banger for that one boy you hate to so much. “You know exactly what to do that I can’t stay mad at you for too long.” “You know exactly how to touch so that I don’t want to fuss and fight no more, so I despise that I adore you.” “I can’t stand how much I need you.” We all got that boy that we just can’t let go of–you know you do.

But no one in this world knows me the way you know me

So you’ll probably always have a spell on me

12. It Don’t Hurt Like It Used To- Billy Currington

This is a little bit of a genre change for me. I used to be obsessed with country music.  Although I have kind of outgrown it, I still love a good country jam. This one just so happens to fit this playlist perfectly. “Going through hell getting over you, but it don’t hurt, it don’t hurt like it used to.” When you’re really trying to get over that guy and then you look back and realize you are doing so much better than before is the best feeling ever. “Sometimes I find peace of mind in a bottle of wine. ​Sometimes I break down and cry.” Either works for me.

13. Not In That Way- Sam Smith

Ever broken a boys heart? It hurts almost as badly as getting yours broken. Sam Smith describes not being able to ask if his partner loves him, because deep down he knows he doesn’t but neither of them want to face it yet. “You’d say I’m sorry believe me, I love you, but not in that way.” Maybe things have just run it’s course and you no longer feel the same way, there is no shame in that. Sam Smith has such a beautiful voice that he really makes you feel the lyrics he’s singing: “You will never know that feeling. You will never see through these eyes.”

14. Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson

Oh yeah we all remember jamming to this song in the back seat of our mom’s mini-van, but little did I know I would be jamming to this song in the driver’s seat of that same mini-van. Kelly Clarkson is better off since she’s become single and so is every other girl in this world. “But Since U Been Gone. I can breathe for the first time. I’m so moving on.”

15. Same Drugs- Chance the Rapper  

Chance describes a relationship gone wrong by saying, “We don’t do the same drugs no more.” It’s actually a really sad song, if you’ve ever felt like you had someone in your life who changed so much that you can no longer even recognize them this is the song for you. “You were always perfect, and I was only practice.” At the end Chance really gets you:

Way back then when everything we read was real

And everything we said rhymed

Wide eyed kids being kids

Why did you stop?

What did you do to your hair?

Where did you go to end up right back here?

When did you start to forget how to fly?

16. Take A Bow-Rihanna

This is the most sarcastic diss of all time. She starts with: “You looks so dumb right now, standing outside my house. Trying to apologize, you’re so ugly when you cry, please just cut it out.” She continues to destroy this man’s life with the line, “Don’t tell me you’re sorry cause you’re not, baby when I know you’re only sorry you got caught.” She really just tells him to f*** off for putting on this performance of loving her and being faithful. “And the award for the best lie goes to you, for making me believe that you could be faithful to me, let’s hear your speech.” She even laughs in his face at one point before singing, “Go on and take a bow.”

17. Irreplaceable- Beyonce

Beyonce basically says get the f*** out of my face to this guy. He thinks he’s SO great, just like every other guy and doesn’t believe he’s replaceable. News flash, YOU ARE! “You must not know about me, I could have another you in a minute, matter of fact he’ll be here in a minute baby,” and “I could have another you by tomorrow, so don’t you ever for a second get to thinkin’ you’re irreplaceable.” He has also apparently been keeping a side chick that Bey obviously knows about and says “What did you think I was putting you out for?” Beyonce then says “So since I’m not you’re everything how about I be nothing?” Damn that’s the attitude we should all learn to have.

Until next time, stay a bad bitch.

"You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you have red hair. People who haven't red hair don't know what trouble is" -Anne of Green Gables
CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.