This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

When I think about friendship, there are a few things that come to mind. First off, I have my go to college-gals. I spend day in and day out with these girls, living our best social and academic lives here at Saint Michael’s College. These are the people who I can call upcon frantically at 2 in the morning, who help me talk through stress and life problems, and who I KNOW will have my back when I need them to. When I hear the word friendship, I also think about my life-long and high school friends from home, my brothers, parents, aunts and uncles, and my grandma too. At 83 years old, she still manages to text me paragraphs and comment on my friends’ Facebook posts of me.

For me, my ideal “friendship” and friendship experiences happen when I bring together my go-to-girls with my family. This past weekend, my Aunt Kim invited me and a couple of my college gal pals down to her ski house in Woodstock, Vermont, just an hour and a half south of campus. On Saturday afternoon, we hit the road and arrived at a beautiful, cozy home. My aunt and her friend Melanie from home, my cousin and her college roommate Nicole, and my mom came through the door shortly thereafter! We knew instantly that we were in for an awesome GIRLS’ WEEKEND!

After exploring the downtown Woodstock area, we settled in for a night of lasagna, catch phrase, and a lot of laughs. It was as if all 8 of us had known each other for years! The following Sunday morning, we enjoyed freshly brewed coffee and watched just the slightest bit of snowfall through the expansive windows. Killington Mountain wasn’t ready for us, as we shredded the slopes all morning until the peaks closed at 4 p.m. The conditions were awesome, and we didn’t want to leave!

We enjoyed cheese and crackers and a “friendly” but quite competitive game of cribbage at Aunt Kim’s home before packing up, and hitting the road north. When we got back to campus, Megan, Abby, and I could not stop talking about all the fun we had! We DEFINITELY weren’t ready for Monday to roll around, but we were thankful for the memories and new friendships we had made in not even 48 hours time. A good girls’ weekend never fails to impress. Try it sometime.

Media Studies, Journalism, and Digital Arts & Spanish double major with a Business Administration minor at Saint Michael's College in Colchester, VT. Member of the Varsity Women's Tennis Team, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Honors Program, Founder's Society, Tour Guide, Book Award Recipient, and lector in the Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel. One of two NE10 student athlete reps. 3.96 cumulative GPA. Dean's List Honoree every semester.