This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

1. Where the Crawdad’s Sing

1. A book written by Delia Owens in 2018 about a small town on the coast of North Carolina. The main character is a marsh girl. The book goes back and forth and includes much mystery. 

1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

A book written in 2003 by Mark Haddon about a 15 year old boy named Christopher on the autism spectrum. He intends to solve the murder of his neighbor’s dog which he found dead and was accused of.

1. All The Light We Cannot See

Published in 2014 this book is a work of Historical Fiction following two very different characters in France and Germany during World War II. The novel delves deeper into the two characters’ lives as they both go on different and trying journeys. 

2. The Longest Ride

One of my favorite books, published in 2013. It is one for all of the romance novel lovers and Nicholas Sparks lovers. It is a dual storyline of an older man who wrote letters to his life when he was rescued from his crashed car by a young girl studying at Wake Forest and rodeo star Luke Collins. It is a story which brings the two couples together, despite being very different.

1. The Great Gatsby 

Published in 1925, this book is beloved by many. It is a work of Historical Fiction taking place in the 1920’s in New York, mainly East and West Egg. Nick Carroway, a curious neighbor, moves next to the mysterious Jay Gatsby known for his wild parties yet not known by many. The two soon become friends and get woven into the socialite life of the time through Nick Carroway’s married cousin Daisy Buchannan and the love of Gatsby’s life. 

I am a Biology Major at Saint Michael's College on a premedical track. I am part of the varsity field hockey team on campus. My interests include, fitness, reading, science, and fashion.
Jewelry maker and business owner at Homegrown Jewelry VT. Business Administration Major with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and an Economics Minor.