This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

I feel like I always listen to the same songs.

I like country music, old Taylor Swift, and some popular songs from Tik Tok, but recently, I’ve been getting sick of the same old same old! As a result, I’ve taken this time of quarantine to find some new albums that make me happy. Some are old and some are just-out, but they’re all pretty new to me. I’ve broken them up by when and where I’ll listen to them in case you care to check them out… 

Shower Album: Kelsea Ballerini, “Kelsea”

→ Kelsea Ballerini has been one of my favorite artists for a while, but her 2020 album takes it to a whole other level! Easy to sing along to, her lyrics are catchy and relatable. Now, I know more of her music other than just “Peter Pan!”

Workout Album: Harry Styles, “Fine Line”

→ I know this one is pretty popular these days, and I can understand why! This album as a whole gets me pumped up and for some reason, makes me want to be productive. I’ll admit that I don’t work out all that much, but listening to Harry Styles’s album motivates me to!

Homework Album: Kacey Musgraves, “Golden Hour”

→ This is one of my more recent finds, and I LOVE it! In short, Kacey Musgraves is extremely talented and her voice is super soothing! It’s the perfect homework album because it keeps me focused, drowns out the background noise, and simply makes me feel ~happy~.

In My Feels Album: Noah Kahan, “Busyhead”

→ The reason this option puts me in my feels is because my college pals introduced me to him! As many of you all, I miss my school (AKA my second home) and friends so much, so this album is a subtle reminder of life with them in Vermont :)

Cooking / Baking Album: Chelsea Cutler, “How To Be Human”

→ If you haven’t listened to Chelsea Cutler yet, you’re missing out! She has such raw and honest talent, and her music is super refreshing. Whether it be to sing along or have something playing in the background, this album truly fits any mood.

Happy listening!

Media Studies, Journalism, and Digital Arts & Spanish double major with a Business Administration minor at Saint Michael's College in Colchester, VT. Member of the Varsity Women's Tennis Team, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Honors Program, Founder's Society, Tour Guide, Book Award Recipient, and lector in the Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel. One of two NE10 student athlete reps. 3.96 cumulative GPA. Dean's List Honoree every semester.
Jewelry maker and business owner at Homegrown Jewelry VT. Business Administration Major with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and an Economics Minor.