Webpnet resizeimagejpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Webpnet resizeimagejpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Red Lips and Rosé
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Do you want to throw something on the Roku? What does everyone want to watch? What are people in the mood for? Do you care if I put on a show in the background? Does everyone like The Office, Food Network, or ____ ?

One thing I’ve learned since living with 3 of my best friends is that we all have very, very different television tastes. One could watch Survivor, Family Feud, and Netflix movies all day, another enjoys comedy and action, and the final one (and myself) cackles at the humor in New Girl and High School Musical. However, there is one show that makes us all reminisce, gasp, and laugh: Dance Moms.

Oh, how I miss the countdown to 9 PM on Tuesday nights! Was Maddy or Chloe going to get the solo? Would the group routine win first place overall? Is Candy Apple Dance Company showing up at the competition? These are all common questions that would race through my mind awaiting Tuesday night showtimes. Now, I find myself asking the same questions as a 20 year old woman and I’m 100% okay with it.

Sometimes watching an old TV show or movie can really bring you back to “the good old days”, Life was much simpler as a tween, and sometimes when the scary world of college seems daunting (which happens often enough), all I want to do is “sit on the couch and eat chips,” as Mackenzie Ziegler also admits.

It’s the simple, but sweet sense of home for me.

Media Studies, Journalism, and Digital Arts & Spanish double major with a Business Administration minor at Saint Michael's College in Colchester, VT. Member of the Varsity Women's Tennis Team, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Honors Program, Founder's Society, Tour Guide, Book Award Recipient, and lector in the Chapel of Saint Michael the Archangel. One of two NE10 student athlete reps. 3.96 cumulative GPA. Dean's List Honoree every semester.
MA || VT || SMC Women's Soccer Player '21