This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

To be honest, I’ve never been much of a believer in manifesting or affirmations. So, I decided to look into it; does this really work? The research I did showed all the benefits to the ways in which saying morning affirmations can help improve your life. They help release stress, anxiety, doubt, and negativity from your life. But the fact is, this doesn’t work for everyone. So, what is the harm in trying? 

Before you start reading off your list of positive affirmations, you have to learn how to do it right. You first are supposed to think of or make a list of the negative qualities you think about yourself. (Don’t worry, we will be releasing all the bad thoughts!) Think of flipping those qualities and forming them into a positive sentence beginning with “I am..”. Psychologists say you should say these words for about 5 minutes, three times a day. I know this sounds like a lot, but we have to start somewhere, right? 

In case you need a place to start, here is a compiled list of positive daily affirmations to hopefully brighten your life. Good luck! 

• I am at peace with who I am as a person. 

• I am worthy of the best in life, and I allow myself to accept it. 

• I am beautiful and brilliant. 

• I believe in myself and what I put my mind to.  

• I am a force. 

• I am still learning and becoming my best self. 

• I am not worrying about the things I can’t control. 

• I am grateful for my body and all it does for me. 

• I am a magnet for prosperity. 

• I am capable of facing anything that comes my way. 

• I am attracting positive energy. 

• I am unaffected by the judgement of others.  

Cited Source 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-wise-open-mind/201108/5-step…

Business Major & MJD Minor Member of Women's Volleyball and Hope Happens Here
NH native majoring in International Relations and Environmental Studies, and plays field hockey. Loves the outdoors, coffee, maple granola, traveling, live music, and being excited over the smallest things in life.