jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Love. I have been told it’s a strong word. I have been told to only use it when I “mean” it. I have been told I love too much, or have been saying it to the “wrong people.” There is no wrong people, in fact you should say I love you often. Everybody deserves to be loved so why not say it a lot. Sure, romantic love is in a whole different ballpark, but who’s to say love can only be restricted to this one branch. Love is like lollipops. A whole bunch of different flavors and kinds, romantic love just being one type of lollipop if you will. Love is defined as an intense feeling of deep affection, or having great interest and pleasure in something. I think love is going to save the world, but only when everyone hops on board and starts to love one another. I think when made visible, love becomes contagious. Love being noun, adjective, and most importantly verb is something to think about. To radiate love and act out love on the daily through smiling at others and holding doors… wow! 

I walked back from the library the other night in awe at how the snowflakes danced down. This moment was that feel of a transitioning season. We are stepping into the season of gratitude. Funny how the season of gratitude falls before the season known for giving. Heartwarming months underway to say the least. A month that’s mission statement is to appreciate and love just a little more. Appreciating and loving more is a lot easier and sweeter said than done. It is hard to love everyone and everything, but it is so so so important. Everyone and every conversation, no matter how difficult, frustrating, or just down right annoying has some love embedded in it. Love has no limit and it always finds a way to shine through, you just have to look a little harder or listen a little longer. It’s the status quo to live life as a journey, to work really hard and have a focus and drive destined to become something, somewhere, with someone specific, but it’s even more important to love and be loved along the way. Cheers to loving deeply and loving fully this November season. 

May your day be one of rest, fellowship, and spontaneity. 

Here are 5 specific examples of love that I am wildly grateful:

1. Packages and phone calls from my parents

2. The pick-up-where-you-left-off friends who call me to talk about 2006, this summer, yesterday, this morning, and this upcoming June

3. Friends who mastered the art of crafting spotify playlists for adventurous car rides 

4. My working senses and good health

5. My education

really liberal & really into the arts Environmental Studies & Religious Studies Saint Michael's '21
Jewelry maker and business owner at Homegrown Jewelry VT. Business Administration Major with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and an Economics Minor.