5 Things To Get You Through The Rest Of The Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Every college student knows how insurmountable and difficult the end of Spring semester can be. You have all of your term papers, final exams, and final projects to complete in the span of a few weeks– no easy task, for sure. That being said, here are a few things that will help manage the stress and get you to summer break!

1. Sleep On A Schedule

Easier said than done, get yourself on a regular sleep schedule now, before the stress of finals totally overwhelms your life. Trust me, your physical and mental health will thank you.

2. Healthy(er) Alternatives

It is especially true around stressful times of the year that students tend to indulge– and that is fine! However, eating a whole Ben & Jerry’s pint regularly might not be ideal. One good alternative to that is Halo Top Ice Cream, a personal favorite– it tastes like regular ice cream and doesn’t have as many calories or ingredients as most other brands! Finding slightly better alternatives to things like ice cream will help your guilt level if you do happen to indulge in an entire pint.

3. Make the Most of Your Time

If you have time in between classes, don’t sit on your phone or laptop for a half hour– try to get something done! Even checking off one quick item from your list can make you feel more put together and it is less for you to do later!

4. Actually Do What Your Planner Tells You

By sticking to your homework and study schedules you are able to reduce the amount of mental breakdowns at the end of the semester. Sounds great, right?

5. Make Time For Yourself

While putting time into school is super important, especially at the end of the year, in order to fuel your energy and motivation you should still take time for yourself! Your mind needs time to rest and recuperate– it can’t constantly be working in overdrive mode. You are going to break it if you do that. With that being said, this can be avoided if you give yourself a timeout when you need it. Do some yoga, read a non-academic book, take a walk outside, watch some Netflix, etc.

Image Credit:

Cover:

One: img_7835_1.jpg

Two: http://futurefemaleleader.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/download.jpg

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.