5 Costumes: One Oversized T-Shirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

1. Purge

“This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government.”

With this costume, you’ll be ready to walk straight into the The Purge movie series. Start with your white t-shirt. If you have red paint or even fake blood those will work best, but if you’re low on time or money red nail polish will suffice as well. Splatter paint your tee and give it 24 hours to dry. You can show a little sex appeal by distressing the shirt and cut holes near the neck and shoulders. To complete the look, stop by your local Halloween store or even supermarket and pick up a purge mask. Pair the mask with a pair of knee high stockings or fishnets and you have the perfect scary costume for Halloween night!

2.     Man’s Biggest Fear

For a more light hearted costume, consider being man’s biggest fear. For this all you need is a sharpie, you can also use paint or even use duct tape. Write out the word “commitment.” If you want the punch line of this costume to be more obvious, use a sticky note and write “hello, my name is Man’s Biggest Fear”

3. Skeleton (or Sugar Skull)

With this costume you can go in two different directions. To start, print out a rib cage template and use it to cut a design into the t-shirt. Underneath the shirt you can wear a black tank top, or just a black bralette. If you want to take the costume to another level, you an be a sugar skull girl. For this you will need to make a flower crown or buy one. Make sure the flowers have rich colors and are big and fluffly, like roses or peonies. You will need to be talented with a makeup brush or have a friend who is. You this phot for some sugar-skull-makeup inspiration:

4. Pirate

You will need scissors, ribbon, and about 30 minutes for this costume. First your going to take the scissors and cut triangular fringe on the bottom hem of your shirt and your sleeves. You will then need to cut the neckline into the v neck. Then, carefully put three holes on either side of the v neck. Now with your ribbon, thread the v neck from the bottom up and let the ends hang. Pair this custom top with black leggings and even a red sash. For your hair, put in a bunch of messy braids all throughout your hair.

5. Dalmatian

This is the perfect group costume. For this you will need black paint or a sharpie. Make a Dalmatian print and draw dots all over the t shirt. Black leggings will work well with this. To add and extra touch you can wear a red choker as a collar.

Just a girl from Harrisburg.
CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.