This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.
  • Lucifer

• Basically, the Devil gets bored of Hell and decides to take a vacation to LA for a while. While in LA, he meets an LAPD homicide detective and joins forces with her to solve cases. I mean, if this doesn’t sound like an interesting show, I don’t know what does. Lucifer combines humor, police drama, and sci-fi/fantasy all into one show that makes for one entertaining ride. If you aren’t shipping Deckerstar by the end of at least season 1, I don’t know what to tell you. Currently there are 4.5 seasons on Netflix (season 5 Part 1 just dropped), and seasons 5 Part 2 and season 6 are currently in the works.

• The Witcher

• This one’s for fans who miss Game of Thrones or who are looking for that new epic fantasy show. The show focuses on three main characters: the titular Witcher character, Geralt of Rivia, who kills monsters for a living, Ciri, who is a crown princess and has mysterious magical powers, and Yennefer of Vengerberg, a powerful sorceress. Season 1 of the show follows each individual main character on their path to eventually uniting with one another during a time of war. There’s only 1 season on Netflix as of now, but season 2 is currently in production.

• Longmire

• Longmire is a modern western set in the fictional Absaroka County, Wyoming. It follows Sheriff Walt Longmire, his best friend Henry Standing Bear, and his deputies Vic, Branch and “The Ferg” as they fight the rise of crime in the county and surrounding areas. If you want to watch a show with really well written characters and interesting/complex plots that still manages to make you laugh, then Longmire is definitely a must watch. There are 6 seasons of Longmire on Netflix. There is also the Longmire book series, by author Craig Johnson, on which the tv series is based that currently has 16 books with more in the works.

MA || VT || SMC Women's Soccer Player '21