This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Lately, it seems like the days are starting to grow longer. With classes in full swing, and the looming threat of another spike in cases approaching, we’re definitely in strange and very challenging times. I recently find certain things weighing a bit more heavily on my mind, and I sometimes find myself in a bit of a funk. When I notice myself feeling down, I try to think of all the beautiful things I have yet to experience in my life. Here are some of the things that have brightened by mood, especially in times when the near future seems a bit dull. 

Seeing your favorite artist perform live

Overcoming a fear

Graduating college

Seeing Harry Styles’ new movie

Experiencing the end of the COVID-19 outbreak

Laughing till you cry

Traveling to a new country for the first time

All the dogs you have yet to pet

Hugging your family

Meeting your soulmate, and starting a family with them

Listening to your favorite band’s new album

Finding a new hobby

Watching the leaves turn color

Watching the sunrise at a new spot

Making your best friend laugh

Feeling the sun shining on your face

Hearing from an old friend 

All the great food you have yet to try

Making the perfect cup of coffee

Life can be messy. At times, it can seem like the bad might outweigh the good. In these times, it might seem difficult to look past the painful present, and focus on the wonderful things that have yet to enter your life. Drawing on the small joys of life can ease this heavy burden, and make the dull moments seem a bit brighter.

Senior at Saint Michael's College majoring in Public Health with a Chemistry minor. Lover of good people and the great outdoors.
NH native majoring in International Relations and Environmental Studies, and plays field hockey. Loves the outdoors, coffee, maple granola, traveling, live music, and being excited over the smallest things in life.