11 Things I’ve Learned So Far as a Freshman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

1. Make sure there is not lipstick in your pockets before washing

Because you will stain half of the clothes you own and no oxy clean in the world can save you  

2. Sometimes you need to skip class for free food

Because let’s be honest, the human body can only consume so much of alliot before its breaking point

3. Naps saves lives

Sleep is not for the weak. School work, sickness, and personal things can bring upon a lot of stress and a believe a nap a day keeps the problems (relatively) away.

4. Coffee is my adderall

I have never been a coffee drinker, but the rush of caffeine has never made me more focused and able to get shit done. Nowadays there’s nothing like cracking open a cold one with caffeine. What are weekdays for?

5. Dion in the morning, not a bad place

I am the type of person who can’t really have many distractions while studying. Studying in dion in the morning is the perfect place for me to focus and even watch the sunrise on those darker days.

6. Always shower in the Gender neutral

It’s bigger and better and honestly makes me feel more at home. I don’t need people walking in on me belting old High School Musical songs. They are more than welcome to respectively judge outside the gender neutral door.

7. Your Knight Card is your best friend

Whether it’s to get you back to your dorm, an Alliot swipe, or a drunk quesadilla. Your knight card (should) is always be there for you, so don’t lose it.

8. Remind yourself if you lock your door

Because nothing is worse than making that walk of shame to student life

9. God Bless Durik

Its got books (shocker), nice study places, a knight card atm thingy, and the academic enrichment center which as saved my life more than once

10. The Faster you drink the quicker your night will end

And the more regrets you’ll wake up with. I know rookie mistake.

11. Have fun

Be spontaneous and carefree and reflect and not regret. Because you’re young and irresponsible and can still get away with it.

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.