sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

As we begin to settle into school and the days grow colder and shorter, I can’t help but become excited about Halloween. It may only be September, but my dorm is already covered in purple streamers, orange pumpkin decorations, and black tinsel. I have been pulling out my crew neck sweaters and fuzzy socks. I’ve even built a pillow fort with my roommate in order to watch Scooby Doo: the Witch’s Ghost. However, my absolute favorite part of the season is putting on my spooky mood-music and filling my dorm with dark, haunting melodies or just fun, seasonal tunes. 

You may be laughing at me, confused as to how music I associate with Halloween could be tasteful and listenable (no offense to the classic, “Monster Mash”). I agree; the playlist has taken 3 years to curate. However, I think I have finally perfected the playlist (while any music recommendations are welcome). The playlist, Wicked, can be found on Apple Music. It includes 37 alternative/classic rock tracts, lasting a total of 2 hours and 24 minutes. With artists like Fleetwood Mac, KALEO, Florence + the Machine, and The Civil Wars, it is a playlist sure to get you in the mood for autumn.

Vanessa Reger is a freshman at Saint Louis University studying forensic science and taking pre-med classes. When she's not studying chemistry or singing in an a cappella group, she listens to true crime/paranormal podcasts and enjoys reading. She hopes to someday be a forensic pathologist, helping serve justice for those who can no longer speak for themselves.