Upgrade Your Starbucks Order

The Order:

• Iced white chocolate mocha, no whip

• Add vanilla sweet cream cold foam with strawberry purée in the foam 

I must begin by saying that I only get this drink when I have a reward to use because a venti retails at $8.95. This drink has become my favorite, which is an issue for my wallet. I think this drink tastes like chocolate covered strawberries, but don’t just take my word for it. 

strawberry mocha Original photo by Makayla Franklin

If you’re not a fan of white chocolate, but want a drink that tastes like chocolate covered strawberries, order the drink as an iced mocha with the same modifications.

venti strawberry mocha Original photo by Makayla Franklin

The Order: 

• Select an Iced Shaken Espresso 

• Choose the size (this is based on a grande size)

• Change espresso shots to blonde espresso 

• In the flavors category add four pumps of brown sugar syrup (make sure there is not classic syrup)

• In the toppings section add cinnamon powder 

• For milk select a splash of Oatmilk

I finally tried the new iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso. Honestly, I made a mobile order for this drink because the name was so long and I didn’t want to say it. This drink is made with blonde espresso, which I think is smoother than regular espresso. It has tasteful hints of brown sugar and cinnamon, and oat milk. This drink is $5.95 for a grande, but ordering it as above is cheaper.

brown sugar shaken espresso Original photo by Makayla Franklin

The Order: 

• Iced green tea latte 

• Select size (pumps below are what is recommended for a grande)

• Oatmilk

• Two pumps vanilla syrup, two pumps peppermint syrup

• Salted cold foam on top

If you aren’t addicted to coffee like I am, congratulations. I don’t quite understand you, but I think I found a drink to fit your needs. This is a green tea latte, with a creamier texture and flavorful syrups. This is also a dupe for Urth Cafe’s popular (believe it or not, even more expensive) green drink.

green tea latte Original photo by Makayla Franklin