Socially Distant Spring Activities for SLU Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Spring is officially here! The SLUlips are blooming as hammock season is upon us, once again. After being cooped up in our dorms/apartments all winter, we could all use some good old-fashioned Vitamin D. There are plenty of ways I plan to go outside with some of my closest pals. If you’re looking for suggestions on how to enjoy this weather (socially distant, of course) you have come to the right place. Here are my top five ways to enjoy the spring weather alone or with some good friends!

1. Go to a coffee shop!

It is the perfect time to grab a cup of your favorite coffee, or tea, and sit on the patio to do some work. The fresh air is bound to give you extra motivation to get it all done!

2. Take a walk around campus!

SLU is extra beautiful this time of the year and it’s a convenient place to get some steps in. My favorite study break is to go on campus and walk around by Chaifetz. It’s super peaceful back there and the perfect place to clear your mind from your busy schedule!

3. Walk to Forest Park!

One of the best parks St. Louis has to offer is within walking distance of campus! Take a little bit of time to walk there with some friends and enjoy all the green space it has to offer. Hit up the Art Museum too if you need a little extra inspiration!

4. Have a picnic at Forest Park!

After a long walk to Forest Park, you may as well set up a cute little picnic with your friends. Bring a blanket and whatever food you would like and enjoy the day or the sunset!

5. Go to Jeni’s!

This one is my personal favorite. Jeni’s is great all year round, but it hits differently when the weather is warm. Enjoy some of their delicious ice cream and homemade waffle cones in the nice weather. You won’t regret it!

An Illinois native majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics with a passion for all things health and wellness. A big fan of local coffee shops, traveling, and creating new Spotify playlists.
Amasil is the President for SLU's Her Campus Chapter. She is a Biology major at Saint Louis University. Amasil enjoys writing poetry about the thoughts and concerns she has in her head, they are therapeutic in a way. Amasil loves goats, eating twice her weight in chocolate, and baking french macarons.