This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

1. “Vanderpump Rules” (Hulu)

If “Jersey Shore” and “The Hills” had a baby it would be “Vanderpump Rules.” This 2013 Bravo reality show follows the lives of the employees of SUR (Sexy Unique Restaurant) in West Hollywood. This show has everything: attractive twenty-somethings, intense relationship drama, catfights, and some of the best one-liners of all time. Once you start, you won’t be able to stop watching.

2. “Desperate Housewives” (Hulu)

Most readers (including me) were too young to watch this show in its heyday which is the perfect excuse to watch it now. The show follows the lives of four women who all live on an idyllic cul-de-sac where nothing is as perfect as it looks on the surface. You’ll start watching the show for the mysterious and twisty plotlines, but you’ll stay for the relatable and interesting characters. This show is a sexy cocktail of drama, comedy and mystery that’s perfect for a long winter break.

3. “Looking for Alaska” (Hulu)

This superior John Green book has always deserved a film version. But of all his books, it was probably the hardest to translate from book to screen. However, this show is nothing short of a victory. John Green was heavily involved in the production and it shows in every aspect of the series. The show is set in 2005 just like the novel and follows the boarding school adventures of Miles Halter, his roommate Chip Martin, and their friend/love interest Alaska Young. The show is poignant and emotional but also will make you think about life, first love and growing up. The dialogue takes pretty heavily from the novel so I’d recommend reading or rereading the book to get the full effect of the series.

4. “Gilmore Girls” (Netflix)

This is a great winter binge for so many reasons and is worth the watch (or the rewatch). There are seven seasons and you can pretty much start from anywhere and figure out what’s going on. Lorelai and her daughter Rory are funny and relatable; their adventures in romance, school, business and family somehow always manage to be light-hearted and addicting. Winter break is for feeling cozy and being surrounded by things that are both comfortable and familiar. “Gilmore Girls” captures this perfectly.

5. “The Great British Bake Off” (Netflix)

This show is the perfect escape from cold weather or just too much family time. It’s also just an instant serotonin boost. Everyone on this show seems to be just happy, friendly and genuinely enjoying themselves, despite difficult challenges and sometimes harsh critiques from the judges. This show will make you crave any and all desserts as well as contemplate quitting your college major to pursue a life as a baker.

6. “Unsolved Mysteries” (Netflix)

If you’re ready for your true crime fix, this show is perfect. A revival of a long-running series, this show covers cases where the answer or explanation of a crime has never been solved. Each episode focusing on a different crime, they are all well researched and intriguing. There’s something for everyone whether you’re interested in true crime, supernatural events or just mysterious happenings. Once you’ve watched the show, you can comb the internet for even more theories and facts that the episodes missed!

Just a 21 year old aspiring writer who loves books, tv, online shopping, and all things pink.