bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

My Bucket List for the New Decade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

I started this decade as a 12-year-old awkward teen, and I am ending 2019 as a slightly less awkward 22-year-old. In the new decade to come, I wanted to create a bucket list of sorts, to follow as I definitely get older and hopefully wiser.  

I want to push my travel boundaries, travel places I haven’t even thought about. Expanding my mindset of where travel opportunities exist has always put me in places where I have learned the most about culture and exposed me to sceneries I never knew existed.

I want to not care about my body image as much as I have throughout the 2010s. The constant worry of how I look throughout the day, or waking up and seeing what I look like when “morning skinny” is still present, has become daily issues created by beauty standards that are unattainable. I plan to accept and love my body the way it is. 

I want to voice my political opinion without concern for what people close to me or unknown to me, may disagree with. The upcoming election inspired me for this one, I want to stand with what I find most important especially now that I am transitioning into independent adulthood.  

I want to wear things that push me outside of my comfort zone. As I strive for my own body acceptance, I want to wear whatever I feel looks good without the influence of others’ personal opinions. 

I want to try to open up more to people about, well, anything. Curse my Scorpio tendencies to keep everything bottled up! 

I want to relieve the pressure I put on myself. The feeling that I must achieve a certain standard to feel accomplished isn’t how I want to go about my early and late twenties. 

I want to go to therapy more often. Honestly, everyone needs therapy, let’s be real. I want to continue the relief of not trying to solve emotional problems all by myself to feel independent. 

I want to put myself first. This is most important to me, and it doesn’t mean to become selfish. I want to know I am the most content with everything I do. 

Here’s to a new decade dedicated to ourselves and self-improvement <3

A young millennial with passions for a greener earth, good music, and mental health