Motion to Add These Four Dining Options at SLU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

SLU offers a variety of meal options perfect for everyone, but some food favorites are nowhere to be found on campus. While dining hall food and places like Qdoba can keep students full for several meals, there are few things missing on campus that are a necessity for students.

1. Chick-fil-A: While Mediterranean wraps and bowls at Garbanzo are amazing, what SLU’s campus needs to bring back is a Chick-fil-A. With a Chick-fil-A back on campus, students would have full access to fresh waffle fries and famous Chick-fil-A sauce. The return of Chick-fil-A would allow students to use flex or meal exchange to get some of their favorite food without the 50-minute Grubhub wait or the $20 delivery fee on UberEats. 
  1. Noodles and Company: M&C, the mac-and-cheese place on campus, has gotten some mixed reviews. Instead of a noodle place that students tend to stay away from, a better option would be to replace this with Noodles and Company. Noodles and Company offers familiar favorites to students and provides pasta at a cheap price.
  1. Dunkin’: Starbucks is always a fan favorite among students on campus, but with two so close to each other it seems like the Starbucks located on campus could be replaced with Dunkin. Having Dunkin on campus would provide another option for coffee on-campus, in addition to the Einstein’s located in the library and the Starbucks that is a short two-minute walk away.
  1. Krispy Kreme: Swirl is a great place to go for smoothies but personally I believe that there are better options for what students could get to eat there. Krispy Kreme seems like the clear choice with their vast assortment of donuts, coffees, shakes and so much more. 

Overall, SLU’s campus provides great choices for food, but with a few updates, the food options on campus would be perfect for every students’ needs.

Writer at Her Campus at Saint Louis University. Biggest goal in life is to be the real-life version of Christina Yang.