timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Refresh and Recharge Over the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Make an awesome playlist.

I don’t know about you, but once I create a good playlist, I feel like I can accomplish anything. One thing I love about summer is creating upbeat and happy summer playlists that put me in the perfect summer mood. There’s going to be so much new music released this summer, so your summer playlists will be nothing short of amazing. I suggest checking out Spotify’s “Release Radar” playlist or Apple Music’s “New Music Mix” for some inspiration to get started.

Plan fun trips.

One of my favorite things about summer is all the traveling I get to do. My family and I have been going to a different national park every summer, so I’m excited for the new places I will get to visit and sights I’ll get to see this summer. But traveling doesn’t necessarily always mean cross-country road trips; it can be small trips with your friends and family too. Do some research and discover some cool places in your area that you can make a day trip out of: go into the city, spend the day at a lake or find a new coffee shop to hang out at. The possibilities are truly endless.

Do things you enjoy.

College is extremely stressful, so it’s always important to take time for yourself to recharge after the semester is over. Even if you have a job or an internship, summer is still the perfect time to do something you don’t have time for during the semester. Reconnect with old friends, catch up on some Netflix, or pick up an old hobby. There’s no better way to relax than by doing things that make you happy, so make sure to spend some time doing them this summer.

Spend the day outside.

After what seemed like the longest winter ever, it’s been amazing to catch a glimpse at summer weather again. Spending the day outside is one of my favorite things to do when it’s nice out, so I like to spend as much time as I can outside before it gets too hot and humid. For example: having a picnic in your favorite park with your friends is so much fun. Pack some good food, a big blanket and play some good music on the drive (or walk) over. But don’t forget to put on sunscreen if you burn easily like me!

A psychology major at Saint Louis University who enjoys making playlists, obsessing over cats and drinking coffee.