This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

It’s crunch time. Huge group projects, research papers, final exam preparation—how do we make it through the end of the semester without experiencing burnout? Here are just a few pieces of advice to keep in mind to help you make it through.

Make a plan

Come up with a study schedule to help you keep track of what needs to get done and by when. Creating a physical list is extremely helpful because it allows you to actually visualize your progress. (And let’s face itthere’s no better feeling than finishing a project and finally being able to cross it off of your to-do list). Going into the end of the semester with a plan of action allows you to keep organized, stay on top of your work, and ensure that you have adequate time set aside for everything that needs to get done well in advance.

Take breaks

This is crucial! You need to allow yourself to breathe. Working nonstop is both frustrating and counterproductive, so making sure to work breaks into your study plan is the key to staying motivated. If you set aside just 20 minutes to allow yourself to go for a walk and clear your head, you’ll come back to your work with a fresh perspective and a sense of renewed energy.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help

The end of the semester is STRESSFUL, and if you’re feeling particularly overwhelmed, there are a multitude of resources at your disposal to help you make it through. Don’t be afraid to reach out to your professorsmost of the time, they would be more than happy to schedule a time to sit down with you and explain concepts you’re struggling with, offer clarification on any papers or projects, or simply give you advice on how to prepare for a final exam. Classmates and friends are a great resource as well. If you feel like you need to talk to a qualified professional, SLU offers free counseling services available to all students. For more information on this option, visit the University Counseling Center website.

Making it through the end of the semester may seem like a daunting task, but make sure to go into it with the end in mind. Before we know it, all of the hours spent at the library will be in the rearview mirror.

Annalise is a senior studying speech-language pathology at SLU.
Sarah is the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Saint Louis University. She is a Junior studying English and American Studies with a primary interest in 20th-Century and Contemporary American Literature, particularly semi-autobiographical fiction and novels that celebrate diversity within the fabric of American society and culture. Sarah is originally from Minneapolis, MN (and will talk your ear off about it) and loves all things literature, intersectional feminisim, travel, food, and politics. Ask her for recommendations for exciting new novels or local restaurants, and she will gladly oblige!