leaves converse fall sneakers ground
leaves converse fall sneakers ground
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

Enjoying Fall While Socially Distanced

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

By far, fall is my favorite season. The crisp morning air, changing leaves and seasonal treats give me so much joy year after year. As it has finally started to feel like fall in St. Louis, it’s time to cross off all of the fall activities you haven’t gotten to yet. While everyone is thinking about the best season, we can’t forget that the pandemic still isn’t over. Here’s a list of fun activities you can do while still staying safe. Have fun trying one of these ideas next time you’re looking for something seasonal to do, or try them all to fully experience what fall can offer!

1. Pumpkin and apple picking

I’m sure you’ve seen the numerous people who have already gone to Eckert’s so far this year. If you haven’t gone yet, or want to go again, now is the time! It’s a great open air activity, plus the treats and apple cider are an added bonus!

2. Take pictures

Another fall favorite is taking cute pictures with your friends. Dressing in cute fall outfits and heading to an area of fall vibes is always a fun activity. As the leaves are starting to 

change colors on campus, you don’t even need to travel far!

3. Carve (or paint!) a pumpkin

If you live in a dorm, carving a pumpkin might be a little more challenging, so painting is another super fun way to be creative with pumpkin patch finds. Either way, it’s a great 

idea for a night in with your best pals, and another good photo opportunity for those Insta stories and VSCO feeds!

4. Find a nature trail to walk

Going outside to explore the colors of fall is possibly my favorite seasonal activity. It is so peaceful to go and walk outside. Whether it is by yourself or with a group of friends, a festive nature trail walk is always a good idea. Not only is it nice to see the changing trees, it’s full of fresh, crisp, fall air. Who doesn’t love the smell of that?

5. Make a cozy fall treat

Another popular favorite is cooking and baking all the fall goodies. The seasonal flavors of pumpkin, apples, and squash can be used in a variety of recipes. Take an afternoon or evening to whip up some of the great Pinterest fall food finds with some of your friends, or if you’re like me, bake some pumpkin treats for yourself. You really can’t go wrong with the cozy vibes fall foods give off!

An Illinois native majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics with a passion for all things health and wellness. A big fan of local coffee shops, traveling, and creating new Spotify playlists.