etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Podcasts to Keep You Learning This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Summer can be a great time to relax after long weeks of constant learning. While the break can be great, it is important to keep learning. Below are some great podcasts to listen to when you are cruising with the windows down or laying out by the pool:

1. TED Radio Hour

This podcast takes excerpts from multiple TED talks and puts them in conversation around one single theme. Guy Raz, the podcast host, also interviews the speakers about their TED talks, which provides great insight. 

2. Weekly Roundup: NPR Politics

This podcast ranges from 20 to 40 minutes. It is usually hosted twice a week and covers the need-to-knows of politics. It can be a great way to stay caught up with current political events.

3. Stuff Mom Never Told You

If you are looking to learn a little something about historical and contemporary challenges women face, this is the podcast for you. Emilie Aries and Bridget Todd host the show twice weekly and go in-depth about topics ranging from female obituaries to why women are more likely to be vegan. 

4. RadioLab

This award-winning podcast investigates scientific topics. The episodes typically range from 20 to 50 minutes, and you are guaranteed to learn something new and interesting. 

5. Embedded by NPR

Embedded, with host Kelly McEvers, goes in-depth about current news stories. This podcast is unique because it provides personal and emotional accounts.