5 Disney Princes I Would Sell My Soul For – Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Growing up, every kid dreams of becoming a princess (mostly for the tiaras, pretty dresses and big castles, but over time these priorities change). Now, as a 19-year-old girl, the only reason I could dream of being a princess is for the hot princes. I won’t lie, I would still love the big castle and pretty dresses, but I would sell my soul just to marry a select few of the Disney princes. Here are my top five, ordered:

1. Flynn Rider (“Tangled”)

If I could describe the perfect man, it would be Flynn Rider. From the luscious locks to the pure humor, this man is perfect. There was absolutely no need for Disney to make an animated man this attractive. 

Flynn Rider is not only beautiful, but he is also one of the most entertaining characters in “Tangled.” His big ego and “bad-boy” side could keep a girl like me entertained for the rest of eternity. Behind this facade, Flynn Rider has a big heart. Even when he was on the verge of death, he only cared about Rapunzel’s safety. He knew that Mother Gothel only cared for her hair, so he cut it to protect her. Throughout the movie we see Flynn Rider change into a gentleman for the girl he loves: giving up his habit of committing crimes and becoming a better man. Flynn Rider is the biggest example of the famous saying “if he wanted to he would.” This man changes his entire persona just to be a better man for Rapunzel. 

If I were to ever see Flynn Rider in the flesh, or any man like him, I would marry him on sight.

1. Naveen (“Princess and the Frog”)

Naveen is one of my favorite princes in both human and frog form. Every girl wants a man who supports them, which is exactly what Naveen does. He is pretty, has good taste in music, knows how to dance and can support your dreams. Naveen is so attractive and has such an amazing personality that you almost forget that he is broke at the beginning of the movie. 

At the film’s start, Naveen has a big ego and is an absolute idiot for trusting the Shadow Man. However, as the movie progresses, he is humbled by being a frog and works together with Tiana to become human again. My favorite thing about Naveen is that when he became a human again, he didn’t revert back to his old ways. Instead he became a prince that cared for others, especially Tiana, and realized everything isn’t about royalty and money, but about love.

1. Li Shang (“Mulan”)

Li Shang is another prince that is not afraid of being with a strong woman (I know he isn’t actually a prince, but he should be). Throughout the movie Li Shang is serious and strong, but that isn’t what I love most about him. He constantly puts others before himself and always keeps his priorities straight. 

In addition to his amazing personality, he is built like a Greek god. This man is so attractive and has massive muscles. He is such a gentleman and I would love to be his wife. In the movie, he is upset to find out that Mulan is not a man like she claimed to be, but he embraces her strength and supports her, even if he was a little hesitant at first. 

1. Hercules (“Hercules”)

Where do I begin with Hercules? After he gets trained to be a hero, this man is absolutely the whole package. From looks to personality, he’s got it all. Hercules has determination to achieve his goals which is a characteristic that every man should have. Hercules learns the true meaning of being a hero by the end of the movie. Not only does he need to save Mount Olympus, but he also pushes himself to save Meg because of his love for her. Hercules literally sells his soul to Hades just so Meg can live, which is more than any girl can ask for.

1. Dimitri (“Anastasia”)

I know he’s another one that’s not a prince, but I love him too much to not include him in this list. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a sucker for sarcastic men. Dimitri does not start out the best in this movie, as he’s trying to get money by pawning off a phony princess to Russia. 

But as the movie progresses, he really takes a turn for the better. When he realizes that Anastasia is actually the Empress’ long-lost granddaughter, he immediately tries to fix his mistakes by attempting to convince the Empress that Anastasia is her granddaughter. The Empress realizes that Dimitri is telling him the truth and offers him the prize money, but he realizes that the money isn’t what matters; what matters is the woman he loves, Anastasia. Dimitri comes out of this movie a better man and if I could make him a prince, I would.

While I know I will never get the chance to marry any of these men, a girl can dream about the idea of marrying a prince. Unfortunately, no real man will ever compare to any of these princes, so I will continue to allow them to occupy my mind. These princes are exactly what girls want but we are constantly faced with disappointment when it comes to unanimated men who aren’t disney princes. When we face heartbreak from men who simply don’t put in the effort to do better, it is a comfort to know that we will always have our princes who can show us what good men should be like. 

Personally, until I find a man who can live up to these standards, it’s good to know that at least these five disney princes will never let me down.

Writer at Her Campus at Saint Louis University. Biggest goal in life is to be the real-life version of Christina Yang.