The 5 Best Fountains on SLU’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

SLU is known for its abundance of fountains. From the infamous clock tower to the serene bather, each fountain has its own character that contributes to SLU’s campus.

1. The Clock Tower

An iconic feature of SLU’s campus, the clock tower is a staple to the students who frequently pass by it. The steps surrounding a portion of the majestic jet streams allow for ample fountain-watching during anytime of day. As the sounds of the water hitting the concrete soothes your ears, the water rises and falls, protecting the stately clock tower that looms over West Pine.

2. The Cupples House

Often overlooked, this fountain hugs the edge of the patio on the backside of the Samuel Cupples House. The glistening effect created from the reflection of the sun produces a mesmerizing ambience that is truly refreshing to experience. The pool of water creates an unmatched elegance and simplicity that is absent from the other fountains, propelling this fountain to be one of the most highly ranked on campus.

3. College Church

Located across from the impressive St. Francis Xavier College Church, this cascading fountain only adds to the beauty in the area. The pattern of the water is reminiscent of a symphony, mimicking the swells and wanes of an orchestra. The dancing of the streams up and down act as a pleasing sight for the eyes when passing by. The beauty the fountain evokes is quelled by the infrequency of visitors to the area. For those who do manage the journey, it is quite a delightful treat in contrast to the usual stress of a school week.

4. The Bather

A striking beauty sculpted out of a bronze-like metal breathes a quietness around the bustling intersection of Grand and Lindell as one walks toward Tegeler Hall. Stopping by her benches, one can spend hours in the peace that comes with her presence. Her enthralling gaze generates an atmosphere of thoughtfulness and nostalgia.

5. The Dolphin Fountain

Pic Credit: Mayur Khanna

The dolphin fountain is recognized as the most fun fountain on campus. The playful statutory infusion transports us to happy summer days that cools us down from a hot week. The hammocks that ring the splashing dolphins are constantly occupied by SLU students looking for a relaxing place mid-day.

Her Campus Enthusiast. Spreading Minnesota jokes, star wars apparel, and reproductive justice.