10 Things You Should Do At SLU Before You Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Here’s my list of ten things (in no particular order) you should definitely do before you graduate from SLU:

Take a leisurely walk from one side of campus to the other.

Whether you start from the Vandeventer side or the Compton side, the walk through SLU’s entire campus is beautiful in any season. You might even find that you spend all of your time on one end of campus, so it’s nice to get a chance to explore. Don’t forget to make a stop at the gazebo on the east side of campus!

Have a drink at Bill Grill. 

Did you know that SLU is a “wet campus,” meaning that if you’re 21 or older, you’re able to have alcohol on campus? SLU, within the last year, revamped the previously closed bar within Bill Grill. Now, you can enjoy a beer, cider, wine, or even a Bloody Mary or margherita in a can with your meal!    

Make a visit to the City Museum.

The City Museum is an awesome place to visit, that’s fun for kids and adults. It has so much to do – make sure you wear comfy clothes, there’s lots of climbing and slides involved! Once a month they usually have “City Museum After Dark,” which is a 21+ event that puts a fun spin on your usual visit.

Take a trip to the Arch – and go to the top!

This is something I didn’t do until my junior year, but I wish I had done it sooner! It’s a really cool experience to see the city from an entirely different view.

Do some shopping at IKEA.

Or just go for dinner! They have great options for everyone. IKEA is a fun place to wander around with some friends, pretending you live in the differently decorated sample rooms they have set up. 

Go to a sporting event.

Whether it be a basketball game, swim meet, or soccer game, cheering on your school against other universities is always an exciting time. Get a group of friends together, get some snacks, and settle in to watch. (Side note: sometimes they have free food and t-shirts at basketball games!) If none of SLU’s sporting events strike your fancy, take a trip downtown to Busch Stadium or the Enterprise Center to watch the Cardinals or the Blues!

Take some time to explore Forest Park.

With the country’s top ranked zoo, The Muny, and plenty of events always going on, there’s so much to do within the grounds of Forest Park! Keep an eye on Forest Park’s calendar for some cool events to check out.

Try some food that’s outside of your comfort zone.

St. Louis has really stepped up its food game recently. Finding some places that aren’t near campus or fast-food is a tasty way to explore the city. Some of my favorite places are Rooster, Kalbi Taco Shack, and Lulu’s Local Eatery.

Tour Budweiser Brewery

Even if you’re not a beer drinker, the “Budweiser Brewery Experience” is pretty neat. You can learn about the making of beer, see the massive facilities, and even visit the Clydesdales! Bonus: if you’re 21 or older, you can enjoy a sample on Budweiser!

Run through the fountain at the clocktower.

Going through the fountains is probably on everyone’s bucket list before they graduate, but I’m not going to recommend something that could get you in trouble with DPS….so, running through the fountain at the clocktower is a much safer bet. Just make sure you pick a night that they’re turned on!

Writer & Editor for Her Campus at Saint Louis University. All things Buffalo, biomedical engineering, coffee, mental health, and Justin Bieber.