10 Things To Do When Staying In Over the Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Now that it is starting to get colder and less appealing to leave your bed in the morning, the will to stay in and do nothing is going to be much higher. Finding entertaining things to do while staying cozy indoors can sometimes be difficult. There is plenty to do indoors for cheap or even no money at all, so look no further for next weekend’s plans.

Sleep

This is a classic weekend activity because after spending the whole week doing anything and everything can be exhausting. Catching up on some much-needed rest should never be passed up.

Clean out closet 

Yes, this needs to be done. Consider cleaning out the closet that you promised you would do when the seasons changed. If you have already done this then you are ahead of the rest of us, you could also consider organizing it by color, type of clothes, etc.

Card games 

There are hundreds of different games that can all be fun with anywhere between one to over ten players. With a quick search on the Internet, you can even learn some new games.

Get in contact with an old friend 

This also is not just restricted to friends, call up a family member too, it feels great to reconnect with someone after a while.

Read

Believe it or not, there are books right here in Pius that are geared towards pleasure reading and not educational. Just do a quick online search of books that fit your favorite genre and see if the library carries them as well. 

Exercise

If there was no opportunity to work out during the week, now is the perfect time to do so. You will feel so much better afterwards and this can even be done in the comfort of your own room. 

Online shop

Perfect time passer and this does not even have to be for clothes. You can online shop for something that has been on your running shopping list for a while you just have not been able to get around to getting, again, not even leaving your bed.

Listen to podcasts

There are all sorts of podcasts out there ranging from comedy, advice, or educational. These can be a little longer some nearing or getting over an hour in length so you can put one on and also be doing something else. 

Sell clothes online

We all have old clothes that we may not wear even again and are just taking up space in our closets. There are plenty of apps for selling clothes such as Poshmark, depop, or mercari. 

Organize a potluck 

This is super fun and brings you and your closest friends together all for one meal. This can be a little gathering or an extravagant one but regardless there is a lot of fun in all coming together for a dinner. 

Hiiiiii, I am a sophmore studying entrepreneurship. I love the earth, music, photography, shopping, social justice, animals, and playing excessive amounts of solitaire.