Why We Love Rimmel London’s Provocalips

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

In our last care package from Her Campus, we received a plethora of goodies. I was more than happy to grab a couple of face masks and some new mascara, but I was most excited about trying the new lip colors from Rimmel London. These lip colors are not a lipstick or a lip-stain, nor are they a lip-gloss; they are something in between all of them. It’s a pretty easy lip color to use, considering you just apply the color, let it dry and then apply the clear coat on top!

I put this lip color to the ultimate test this weekend: Junior Ring. I knew I was going to be dancing and having a blast with my friends, and I did not want to have to worry about my lipstick moving off of my lips. I did a test run on Friday night, and low and behold, I could not get this stuff off, even with makeup remover and some muscle. I woke up Saturday morning with a nice tinted lip, which eventually wore off during the day. Saturday night, after I did the rest of my makeup, I applied the Provocalips color and gloss. Let me tell you, after having a couple of drinks and dancing the night away, I still had my lip color on. When I got home from downtown (which was about 6 hours after I applied) it was still on, looking like I just applied it. I tried to take off as much as I could before I went to bed, but again, I could not get it all off. Sunday I woke up with some pretty pink lips, but it did not last long.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to keep their lip color in place! I did not have any issues with it, other than not being able to remove it, but considering that is the opposite from all other lip colors, I would say that is not a bad problem to have! For around $7, I would suggest this to all of my friends. I am very glad to have this little lip color in my collection.